163 London St.
San Francisco, CA 94112
Monday – Friday:
- Elementary school programming: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday – Thursday:
- Middle school programming: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- High school programming: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Middle school programming: Open until 8 p.m.
- High school programming: Open until 9 p.m.
Programs at Excelsior Clubhouse
- K-12 Academic Support
- Performing and Fine Arts
- Social Recreation
- Leadership Clubs (Middle School and High School)
- Dedicated High School Department
- Dedicated Middle School Department
- Team Sports* (Basketball, Flag Football, Summer Baseball)
*Some sports are seasonal and not offered year round. Please call the Clubhouse to check current offerings.
- Safe Walk provided from Monroe Elementary School
- School-scheduled Safe Walk provided from Mission Preparatory School
- Schools with bus drop offs: Hillcrest Elementary School
- Van pick-ups from: Longfellow Elementary School, Aptos Middle School and Denman Middle School
The Excelsior Clubhouse is owned by the City of San Francisco. Also known locally as the Excelsior Youth Center, the Clubhouse opened in 1998 as part of an initiative to bring much needed youth services to the Excelsior District. This Boys & Girls Club works in partnership with the Excelsior Community School located next door to provide access to the Club’s gymnasium and to encourage youth to participate in the Club’s strong after-school programs. Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco functions under three-year contracts with the Department of Children, Youth, and Their Families to operate this Clubhouse. The building is approximately 24,000 square feet and is the fourth largest Clubhouse in the BGCSF organization.
Latest news from Excelsior Clubhouse
- Alert: Fraudulent Fundraising (1/5/2016) - A letter from President Rob Connolly: I am writing to … Read on
- The Countdown Is On! (12/29/2015) - Jan. 5 Update: Thanks to our generous supporters, we exceeded our … Read on
- 2016 Youth of the Year (11/6/2015) - 2016 Citywide Youth of the Year Congratulations to Ebony Moody for … Read on