- Indoor Flag Football (August-October)
- Pee Wee Basketball (October-January)
- Boys Soccer (January-March)
- Girls Soccer (March-May)
- Baseball (May-July)
Rebels Basketball Program
Swim Academy Program
BGCSF also runs a year-round basketball program that focuses on athletics as well as academics. The Rebels compete in the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) and travel around the country to participate in National Tournaments. The Rebels has teams from 9u to varsity for Boys and 12u-14u for Girls.
The Rebels are expected to maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout the season as well as participate in mandatory study halls on the weekends and before practices. They are also expected to serve the community through weekend service days and help mentor younger members throughout the Clubhouse. Additionally, Rebels players are involved in bi-monthly workshops that focus on careers, nutrition, goal setting, and the process of applying to high schools. The Rebels Program strives to place kids into private high schools and encourages each of the team members to enroll in BGCSF’s High School Test Prep Programs.
As a way to make swimming an accessible sport to all Boys & Girls Club members, BGCSF offers the Swim Academy program at Don Fisher Clubhouse, where members learn to swim at their own pace with our personal, innovative and unique swimming instruction methods.
Those members who excel in the swimming program have a chance to join BGCSF’s competitive swim program, the Starfish Aquatics Team, where swimmers are exposed to healthy competition, team-building and great exercise.
- To date, the Rebels have 17 National Titles
- Current professional athletes that started their sports careers with the Rebels: Jason Hill Jacksonville, Jaguars (NFL); Taiwan Jones, Oakland Raiders (NFL); and Jene Morris, Indiana Fever (WNBA)
- Former Rebel Micheal Smith was named a Division 2 All American.
- Some of the prestigious high schools Rebel players were accepted to over the past 5 years include: St. Ignatius, Riordan, Sacred Heart, Stuart Hall, Mercy, University, Lick Wilmerding, and Convent.
- Some of the Colleges Rebels players were accepted to over the past 5 years include: Georgetown, Cal, Cal St Los Angeles, UC Riverside, UC Santa Cruz, Santa Clara University, Eastern Michigan, Angelo State, Lewis and Clark, Washington State, Portland St, Marquette, UC San Diego, UC Davis, USF, and Chico State
For questions regarding BGCSF’s sports leagues or to get in touch about special sporting events throughout the year, contact the Director of Citywide Athletics, Nate Ford, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 445-5487.