20 Reasons Why Working at BGCSF’s Camp Mendocino is the Best Job Ever
March 29, 2019
As if you needed another reason to join our incredible staff at Camp Mendocino, we’ve gone ahead and written 20 of them! Working at Camp Mendocino is a great way to ensure you have a fun-filled summer and provides valuable experience in youth development. For additional information, check out our information on working at Camp. If you’ve still got questions, email Sara Richardson, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What other job lets you dress like this at work?
2. The view from your office is breathtaking.
3. “Professional development” takes on an entirely new meaning.
4. Being covered in mud is pretty much in the job description.
5. You never have to spend your lunch break alone.
6. The Camp version of “casual Friday” looks something like this:
7. Mentors show up when you least expect them.
8. Days off are spent at places like this:
9. This is our version of a networking event:
10. When asked if you’re hitting your targets for the week, you’ll be excited to share.
11. You will learn a new kind of strategic planning.
12. Your “customers” are pretty cool.
13. Your commute is automatically eco-friendly.
14. “Working late” might actually be the best part of your day.
15. Conference room meetings are a thing of the past.
16. There is no such thing as the Monday blues.
17. You never want to leave work.
18.The job-site perks.
19.Someone is always around if you need a hand with a project.
20. You will never forget your summer in the redwoods.
Over the past two decades the cost of college has increased drastically, and the financial barrier this creates for prospective college students of all socio-economic levels cannot be overstated. It’s critically important that Club members and their families understand all the expenses associated with college and the financial ramifications of the decisions they make.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco’s (BGCSF) Citywide Creative Arts Program provides a path for youth from marginalized communities to access high-quality art instruction in an environment where they can feel heard, valued, loved and understood.
At BGCSF, we view it as core to our mission to help Club members get on the path to a college degree. In addition to the skill building and growth in knowledge that occur as a result of attending college, students also build long-term confidence for themselves and their families, and set an example for other family members and younger Club members.