20 Reasons Why Working at BGCSF’s Camp Mendocino is the Best Job Ever
March 29, 2019
As if you needed another reason to join our incredible staff at Camp Mendocino, we’ve gone ahead and written 20 of them! Working at Camp Mendocino is a great way to ensure you have a fun-filled summer and provides valuable experience in youth development. For additional information, check out our information on working at Camp. If you’ve still got questions, email Sara Richardson, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What other job lets you dress like this at work?
2. The view from your office is breathtaking.
3. “Professional development” takes on an entirely new meaning.
4. Being covered in mud is pretty much in the job description.
5. You never have to spend your lunch break alone.
6. The Camp version of “casual Friday” looks something like this:
7. Mentors show up when you least expect them.
8. Days off are spent at places like this:
9. This is our version of a networking event:
10. When asked if you’re hitting your targets for the week, you’ll be excited to share.
11. You will learn a new kind of strategic planning.
12. Your “customers” are pretty cool.
13. Your commute is automatically eco-friendly.
14. “Working late” might actually be the best part of your day.
15. Conference room meetings are a thing of the past.
16. There is no such thing as the Monday blues.
17. You never want to leave work.
18.The job-site perks.
19.Someone is always around if you need a hand with a project.
20. You will never forget your summer in the redwoods.
Sabrina and eight other accomplished youth from Clubs across California gathered in Sacramento for two and a half days for the competition. Sabrina now advances to the Pacific Region competition, to be held in Beverly Hills in May. The competition will feature teens from nine western states, one of whom will go on to compete in the National Youth of the Year competition in September 2019.
Summer is fast approaching, and Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) is putting together a wealth of valuable programming for youth of all ages. With summer programming offered at 11 of our 14 Clubhouses and School-Based Clubs, BGCSF is an outstanding option for parents looking to provide a fun, educational environment for youth ages six to 18 over the summer.