20 Reasons Why Working at BGCSF’s Camp Mendocino is the Best Job Ever
March 29, 2019
As if you needed another reason to join our incredible staff at Camp Mendocino, we’ve gone ahead and written 20 of them! Working at Camp Mendocino is a great way to ensure you have a fun-filled summer and provides valuable experience in youth development. For additional information, check out our information on working at Camp. If you’ve still got questions, email Sara Richardson, Camp Director, at email@example.com.
1. What other job lets you dress like this at work?
2. The view from your office is breathtaking.
3. “Professional development” takes on an entirely new meaning.
4. Being covered in mud is pretty much in the job description.
5. You never have to spend your lunch break alone.
6. The Camp version of “casual Friday” looks something like this:
7. Mentors show up when you least expect them.
8. Days off are spent at places like this:
9. This is our version of a networking event:
10. When asked if you’re hitting your targets for the week, you’ll be excited to share.
11. You will learn a new kind of strategic planning.
12. Your “customers” are pretty cool.
13. Your commute is automatically eco-friendly.
14. “Working late” might actually be the best part of your day.
15. Conference room meetings are a thing of the past.
16. There is no such thing as the Monday blues.
17. You never want to leave work.
18.The job-site perks.
19.Someone is always around if you need a hand with a project.
20. You will never forget your summer in the redwoods.
On Saturday, May 18th, we hosted our Annual Gala & After-Party at San Francisco’s historic Palace of Fine Arts. Centered on the theme of Our Youth, Our City, Our Future, the Gala attracted nearly 1,100 attendees who were shown the numerous ways BGCSF makes a difference in the lives of young people in San Francisco.
On Thursday, May 9th, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco’s Citywide Youth of the Year from our Visitacion Valley Clubhouse, Sabrina M., was named the 2019 Pacific Region Youth of the Year by Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
On Saturday, April 13th, BGCSF’s Excelsior Clubhouse held its second annual STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) Fair. Organized by Keystone Club members from the Excelsior Clubhouse, this event featured fun, educational activities for the whole family.