20 Reasons Why Working at BGCSF’s Camp Mendocino is the Best Job Ever
March 29, 2019
As if you needed another reason to join our incredible staff at Camp Mendocino, we’ve gone ahead and written 20 of them! Working at Camp Mendocino is a great way to ensure you have a fun-filled summer and provides valuable experience in youth development. For additional information, check out our information on working at Camp. If you’ve still got questions, email Sara Richardson, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What other job lets you dress like this at work?
2. The view from your office is breathtaking.
3. “Professional development” takes on an entirely new meaning.
4. Being covered in mud is pretty much in the job description.
5. You never have to spend your lunch break alone.
6. The Camp version of “casual Friday” looks something like this:
7. Mentors show up when you least expect them.
8. Days off are spent at places like this:
9. This is our version of a networking event:
10. When asked if you’re hitting your targets for the week, you’ll be excited to share.
11. You will learn a new kind of strategic planning.
12. Your “customers” are pretty cool.
13. Your commute is automatically eco-friendly.
14. “Working late” might actually be the best part of your day.
15. Conference room meetings are a thing of the past.
16. There is no such thing as the Monday blues.
17. You never want to leave work.
18.The job-site perks.
19.Someone is always around if you need a hand with a project.
20. You will never forget your summer in the redwoods.
Back-to-school goals are a great way to plan for a successful year! As our members settle back into the school-year routine, we are excited to celebrate new beginnings and a fresh start to the 2022-23 academic year. At BGCSF, we are committed to making sure our members have the tools they need to achieve their goals.
Summer is always a great opportunity for youth to unwind and simply be kids. Clearly, young people have been through way too much over the last two and a half years, and in response, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is determined to make this summer a time of joy for all Club members!